This page links to websites, blogs, wikis, podcasts, internet accesible videos and other media dealing with bioenergy. Links to company pages should be placed in the appropriate section of the companies page. In general, links to governmental organizations should be placed on the appropriate countries page or on the international organizations. Links to nongovernmental organization's pages, which provide substantive information on a topic may be placed here as well as on the nongovernmental organizations page. When adding links to websites please include a short description of the site.
- The Charcoal Project - "The mission of The Charcoal Project is to promote, facilitate, and advocate for the widespread adoption of clean burning technologies, sustainable fuel alternatives, and policies that support energy-poverty alleviation for those who depend on biomass as their primary fuel around the world."
- Renewable Energy Policy Project (REPP) - "REPP's goal is to accelerate the use of renewable energy" including "biomass, hydropower, geothermal, photovoltaic, solar thermal, wind and renewable hydrogen." REPP approaches include "researching, publishing, and disseminating information, creating policy tools, and hosting highly active, on-line, renewable energy discussion groups."
- Northwest Community Energy - A page focused on facilitating renewable energy in the community in the Northwest United States.
- The Happy Planet Index - "The Happy Planet Index is an innovative new measure that shows the ecological efficiency with which human well-being is delivered."
- Birdlife International's webpages on biofuels - a collection of pages that address environmental and social aspects of biofuels, and critique the 10% biofuels target in the European Union's Renewable Energy Directive.
- Worldwatch Institute website The Worldwatch Institute is an independent research organization that focuses on innovative solutions to global environmental, resource, and economic issues. The Institute's State of the World report has been published in 36 languages and is read annually by prime ministers, CEOs, university professors and students, and ordinary citizens. Founded in 1974, Worldwatch's current priorities include transforming the world's energy and agricultural systems to better meet human needs and protect the environment, as well as the broader challenge of building a sustainable global economy.
- For summaries of the Worldwatch Institute's recent global biofuels study go to the Worldwatch Institute Biofuels Page
- United States Department of Energy
- Purdue University Bioenergy Page - This site features a variety of 2-4 page articles explaining the basics of ethanol and biodiesel, including production, economics and policy.
- Terrapreta.bioenergylists.org - A website devoted to discussions on char, also known as terra preta, a Portugese expression meaning dark earth.
- Cornell University Bio-Char page - a website by a Cornell professor of biogeochemistry on the properties and possibilities of char, or bio-char.
- Biofuels database - enzyme and chemical catalysis for the production of biofuels.
- biofuelplanet.com - an introductory site on biofuels.
- Biofuel Review "A primary news source for the biofuel industry"
- Friends of the Earth Global Biofuels Database - "an online database that enables users to compare the environmental and social impacts of a wide range of transport biofuels"
- BioFuel Bay - Great information on biofuels, related technologies and industry.
- OBEDwiki - Open Biofuel Engine Development wiki
- Vegburner - Information about vegetable oil based fuels
- Biofuels Digest - Daily biofuels news digest via web, rss and email
- The Glycerol Challenge - The Glycerol Challenge is a consortium of industry and Cardiff University funded by the UK Department of Transportation to develop alternative uses for glycerol, a major by-product of biodiesel production.
- Bioenergy Feedstock Information Network (BFIN) - "BFIN is a gateway to a wealth of biomass feedstock information resources from the U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Idaho National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and other research organizations."
- B I O B I B - A Database for Biofuels - a database that provides calorific content and ash analysis for a wide range of feedstocks, including energy crops and biomass waste.
- NewCROPTM Website for the Center for New Crops & Plant Products at Purdue University
- BioPact. According to its website, "BioPact unites EU citizens and African citizens who work towards a common bioenergy future, in which the EU couples part of its green energy policies to its humanitarian and development policies in Africa. We also monitor biofuels and bioenergy news coming from the developing world in general."
- Biotour Blog - a blog about the BioTour, where a team is driving a biofuel and solar powered bus around the US, giving presentations on renewable energy and climate change.
- R-Squared Energy Blog - Blog by Robert Rapier.
- Minnesota Professor Looks at Economic Viability of Using Animal Fat for Biodiesel from Domesticfuel.com, 19 January 2007. MP3 Audio interview.
- Interview with Jerry Bagley, Chicken Fat Oilman from Domesticfuel.com, 18 January 2007. MP3 Audio interview.
- Energy solution or noxious weed? Marketplace news story addressing how plans to convert to liquid fuel the high-yielding giant reed Arundo donax (native to the Mediterranean and trademarked "E-Grass" by the BioMass Investment Group, BIG) is raising concerns by the Florida Native Plant Society and others, who consider the plant to be an invasive weed.
- Crunching the Numbers on Alternative Fuels (Popular Mechanics, 24 July 2006) - companion to the article http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/earth/2690341.html How far can you drive on a bushel of corn?
Here are the latest Twitter posts on "biofuels":
- Biofuels: Game-changer in aviation fuel? http://t.co/OlNbNQPEs4
- Exxon fails w/ algae biofuel. http://t.co/Fuh9vy1H79 Someone pls use these vids as art. http://t.co/SE1KQbZgle http://t.co/khvC9Xn7it
- RT @BioFuelsChat: Analyst think ethanol production won't slow in months a -> http://t.co/ZjB9Q0FvTJ #biofuels #ethanol #renewable #energy #…
- Biofuels, biomass dominate Hawaii Clean Energy Leader list - Pacific Business News (Honolulu) (blog) http://t.co/TxXpDPlgoh
- Biofuels: Game-changer in aviation fuel? http://t.co/3qo33xxWOO
- Biofuels, biomass dominate Hawaii Clean Energy Leader list - Pacific Business News (Honolulu… http://t.co/6TVcjrNiYX
- RT @manila_bulletin: Biofuels: Game-changer in aviation fuel? http://t.co/wjQD069z16
- Biofuels: Game-changer in aviation fuel? http://t.co/XxgqjwnWLt @manila_bulletin
- Energy Policy TV Biofuels Channel - offers various videos/webcasts related to biofuels.
- Plug-in Hybrids Powered by Renewable Energy - made by Texas-based Plug-in Partners.
- Towards a Bio-based economy - made by the Ghent Bioenergy Valley in Belgium. (English with Dutch subtitles.)
- Freedom Fuels: Renewable Fuels from a Global Perspective - takes an in-depth look at renewable fuel sources, such as bio-diesel, ethanol and vegetable oil. It explores the interaction of the petroleum industry and alternative fuels over the last 150 years, and examines the global impact that bio-fuels can have on our future."
- Flex Fuel cars (from YouTube)
- James Woolsey speaking at "2020: California's Transportation Energy Future" (Part I) / (Part II) (from YouTube).
| Books and Periodicals | Position papers | Reports | |
Scientific papers | Websites
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?