RSB Steering board
|The Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels|
| Note: This RSB-related page is not actively updated.|
For up-to-date information on the RSB, see the BioenergyWiki RSB page or the RSB Website
NOTE: The information below is out of date. For current information, visit http://cgse.epfl.ch/page67476.html.
17 April 2007 -- > The Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels is pleased to announce the first members of its inaugural Steering Board. The Steering Board will be responsible for taking into account global stakeholder feedback and recommending draft principles and standards for ensuring biofuels' sustainability.
In developing the Board, every effort was made to create a balance of stakeholders from around the world, representing different sectors of society and different actors in the supply chain. More members may be added as needed to achieve this goal. Steering Board members serve in a personal capacity, and do not represent their company or sector as a whole.
The Steering Board
- Claude Martin, former director of WWF International (chair)
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director of UNEP.
- Roberto Smeraldi, Environmentalist, Brazil
- Cameron Rennie, BP
- Henri Rieux, Bunge Corporation
- Steven Wonink, Dutch Ministry of Housing and the Environment
- Ibrahim Rehman, The Energy Resources Institute (TERI), India
- Teddy Püttgen, Energy Center, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
- Rolf Hartl, Federation of Swiss Oil Companies
- Heiko Liedeker, Forest Stewardship Council
- Hisashi Ishitani, Keio University, Japan
- Ibrahim Togola, Mali Folkecenter
- Julio Cesar Pinho, Petrobras
- Barbara Bramble, National Wildlife Federation
- Paloma Berenguer, Shell
- Lukas Gutzwiller, Swiss Energy Ministry
- Stephan Herbst, Toyota Motor Europe
- Lucas Assunçao, UNCTAD
- Melinda Kimble, UN Foundation
- Alex Farrell, University of California at Berkeley
- Christoph Frei, World Economic Forum
- Jean-Philippe Denruyter, WWF International
The Working Groups' Chairs
- Greenhouse gases: Bruce Dale, Michigan State University and Stephan Krinke, Volkswagen
- Environment: Jeff McNeely, IUCN
- Social Aspects: Khamarunga Banda, National African Farmers’ Union and Jürgen Maier, German NGO Forum
- Implementation: Alan Knight, Virgin Group
|Sustainability standards | Sustainability initiatives (Better Sugarcane Initiative, Forest Stewardship Council, Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels, Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil)|
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?