|The BioenergyWiki is no longer being actively updated.|
BioenergyWiki was developed in cooperation with the CURES network and an international Steering Committee. It is hosted by the National Wildlife Federation with support from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, the Biomass Coordinating Council of the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE), the Heinrich Boell Foundation, Dynamotive Energy Systems Corporation, Renew the Earth (RTE), the Worldwatch Institute, the Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels, the United Nations Foundation, and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
The founding Steering Committee consists of Gustavo Best (formerly with the UN Food and Agriculture Organization, Italy); Barbara Bramble (National Wildlife Federation, USA); Bill Holmberg (American Council on Renewable Energy ACORE, USA); Suzanne Hunt (Worldwatch Institute, USA); Juergen Maier (German NGO Forum on Environment & Development, Germany); Roberto Smeraldi (Amigos da Terra - Amazônia Brasileira, Brazil); and Annie Sugrue (CURES, South Africa). (Affiliations listed for identification purposes only.)
Statement of Purpose
- BioenergyWiki serves as an open and balanced electronic forum to promote the utilization of bioenergy in a sustainable manner. It advances understanding of relevant issues and facilitates sharing of information, views and experience.
- The wiki can serve as a repository or "hub" of useful information and links for documenting and monitoring the evolution of policy debates related to bioenergy.
- Individual and joint statements shared through the wiki can serve to inform the creation of shared views with a view towards making the production and use of biofuels environmentally and socially sustainable.
Moderators request that contributions to BioenergyWiki be:
- Relevant to the issue of the sustainability of biofuels and bioenergy
- Objective, accurate and based upon verifiable sources
- Properly attributed when stating the view of a identified individual or organization
- Focused on issues and solutions
- Free from discussion concerning any individual or organization
- Polite and non-disruptive
The views expressed on this website do not necessarily represent the views of participants or administrators. No warranty is given as to the accuracy of any information on this website.
For assistance, see help or send an email to the administrator at email@example.com.
Other useful wikis
- See more about other wikis for sustainable development.
|Using this website||edit|
| Useful information sources | Help | Style guide (Model pages) | Images | Templates | |
To do (Citations needed, Editing needed, Map needed, Priority 1 pages, References needing reformatting, Research needed)
What is bioenergy? | Benefits/Risks | Who is doing what?